Here are a few fun facts about the humble coconut you might not know… For instance, that coconut flowers are considered fertility symbols in India. Or that during WWII, when IV saline solution was running low, coconut water was reportedly used. Or that there’s a Coconut Palace in the Philippines, commissioned Imelda Marcos, made mostly from coconut lumber and shells. On the flip side, here’s one thing you probably already know about that furry drupe: it makes for a delicious and fluffy cake — see above.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 11.23.21 One Big Il Buco Family
- Entertaining 9.12.21 Introducing Tory Burch & Co
- Entertaining 9.7.21 Word of Mouth: Gage & Tollner
- Entertaining 7.14.21 Meet the Designer Behind Brooklyn’s Coolest Floral Studio
- Entertaining 6.29.21 Expert Guide: Four Reasons to Make Time to Dine Together