Scrunchies have been trending at an alarming rate — a mere 26 million search results pop up on google. For those of you who like to stay ahead of the trends, or just elegantly step around them, consider the more elevated hair comb. They’ve been taming locks since 5000 B.C. and were even used to indicate the social status of the wearer in ancient China. More recently they were spotted on the Tory Burch Spring/Summer 2020 runway, where they were used by hair stylist Guido Palau as a subtle nod to early 1980s style. Technology has evolved since the B.C. era and there are better ways to figure out one’s social standing but if you pop these in your hair, it’s instant cool.
More to explore in Experts
- Experts 3.29.19 Equal Pay Day
- Experts 12.24.18 5 Ways to Dial Down Holiday Stress
- Experts 11.12.18 Astrologer Susan Miller On: Gifts for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Experts 11.12.18 Astrologer Susan Miller On: Gifts for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Experts 11.12.18 Astrologer Susan Miller On: Gifts for Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio